5Q: AMANDA BROTMAN, AMANDA PEARL
I met Amanda Brotman founder of Amanda Pearl in 2009. Amanda's signature sculptural jewelry and geometric hand made evening bags are absolutely gorgeous ( I've even had the good fortune of wearing a piece or two on a red carpet.)
The Amanda Pearl collection has been carried on red carpets, movie premiers, award shows and has even been received by First Lady Michelle Obama.
I fell in love with Amanda over email, her assertive and cheeky email signature made me feel like, "This is a gal I want to know!"
I was immediately inspired and couldn't wait to meet this very cool and self described "bosslady." We worked together on a photo shoot for an Amanda Pearl ad campaign and have been friends on the entrepreneurial fast track ever since! Follow Amanda Pearl on INSTAGRAM and shop Amanda Pearl online!
1. Looking back on your first job, what skill did you use that you still use today?
2. Was there a defining moment that made you start your business?
There wasn’t a single defining moment - it was something that was simply fated.
3. What was he first step you took to launch your brand?
I decided on and secured AMANDAPEARL.com.
4. What is the greatest lesson learned in your first year in business?
Things will never ever go according to plan. One must expect that, and remain agile.
5. What is your best piece of advice for your fellow Female Founder?
Stay focused, be open, keep moving!