5Q: KITIYA KING , MISCHO BEAUTY
1. Looking back on your first job, what skill did you use that you still use today?
My first job was at Dairy Queen and it was truly all about customer service. Over the years I've learned the importance of exceptional customer service, because customers are the foundation of any business and without them, your business will cease to exist!
2. What was the first step you took to launch your brand?
In the beginning I spent a lot of time researching and testing the non-toxic nail polish options on the market. After about six long months of testing, what I found left me less than impressed - bland colors that chipped and cracked and chunky lacquers that didn't go on smoothly. That’s when I knew I was on to something!
3. How do you juggle being a mom of a little one and building a successful and innovative brand? What are 2 tips you can share that have helped you find balance without sacrifice?
It’s a lot of work, but I’m doing everything I love and that is what really keeps me going. I have a wonderful network of support and that helps a lot. My top tips are to try to always remain positive and manage your time as best as you can.
4. What is the greatest lesson learned in your first year in business?
Running a business is a marathon, NOT a sprint. Though some things did happen very quickly for me during the first year, I had to learn to pace myself and give other things a chance to develop and grow. I had to learn to trust the process.
5. What is your best piece of advice for your fellow Female Founders?
The first step is to make a commitment! Then take action and stay focused, and hang on tight for the roller coaster ride to come. It’s important to keep pushing through [both] the amazing and challenging times!